Wednesday, July 4, 2007

B. Morgan Martin: 40 Favorite Foods

1. Coleslaw
2. Turkey
3. Sage Dressing
4. Green Beans from Happy Family
5. Hummus
6. Chile Verde Omelet from Pat & Loraine’s
7. German potato salad
8. Bread & Butter Pickles
9. Sprinkles fake cheese
10. Split pea soup
11. Vegetarian chili
12. Salads
13. Pizza with soy meat & vegetarian cheese
14. Mashed potatoes
15. Broccoli
16. Brussels sprouts
17. Tacos
18. Lentil soup
19. Chicken gumbo
20. Yellow curry
21. Green curry
22. Sticky rice
23. All manner of other Thai dishes that escape me at present, but I will take the next 7 entries for them
24. See 23.
25. See 23.
26. See 23.
27. See 23.
28. See 23.
29. See 23.
30. See 23.
31. Cornbread
32. Italian butter
33. Coleslaw (again)
34. Dill pickles
35. Mustards
36. Ham
37. Swiss cheese
38. Ham & Swiss omelet
39. Red potatoes
40. Roast aardvark (ha ha, just kidding)

2 comments:

Steve said...

Comrade!

After seeing the seven lists you have submitted, Morgan, I feel that we are kindred spirits. Love the wisdom you exercised in reserving spaces 23 through 30 for Thai Foods to be Named Later.

I answer your list with these one:

Steve's Top 3 Favorite Morgan Foods
1. Split pea soup (a taste that could never be confused--ever--with those awful pellets of nastiness known as English peas)
2. Lentil soup
3. Cornbread

Steve's Least Favorite Morgan Foods
1. All manner of Thai dishes-I've never had one I liked
2. Coleslaw
3. Coleslaw (again)
4. Coleslaw a third time

Questions:
1. In Chicago, they don't make "cornbread" dressing like they do in Texas, but don't all dressings have sage?
2. What are Happy Family green beans and how are they different from the beans served by sad families?
3. Really, have you ever enjoyed any dish that has been served to you by a sad family?
4. Is Pat & Loraine's an L.A. establishment? Any chance that we ate there when I visited you last?
5. When are you coming to Chicago? We know a great gumbo place . . .

lisa said...

I really enjoy some of Morgan's faves, but am not sure they would make it on my top 40 list. I don't know if Morgan has this blogsite or if he knows to check for comments. Perhaps I can track down his email and get it to him?
I'm gonna guess that Green Beans from Happy Family means the type of green beans that you get at a chinese food restaurant (perhaps a specific one named Happy Family?). Melissa also really likes these kind of green beans. My faves of Morgan's faves are:
split pea soup
mashed potatoes
broccoli
brussel sprouts
thai food
and curry of any type
red potatoes
As far as those things I don't like, I haven't ever heard of sprinkles fake cheese so I don't know if I like that or not. I'm not a very big fan of omelets so I'd probably put those on my list.
I wanna know when MOrgan is going to come to the Metroplex. I'll make him some killer vegetarian chili when he does.